The property is along Fairway Drive just east of Rt. 95. The owners had mostly stopped maintaining the golf course and it is in deplorable shape. This was most likely a tactic to get sympathy for their request for a land use change.
Forgotten, or most likely ignored, by the ones who approved this idea is the major development that will be built next to the Tri-rail station. This location (the old Denny’s lot) also had a land use change which will allow very high density buildings to be crammed onto this plot.
This, together with the industrial park, will dump so much traffic onto that stretch of Hillsboro that it will surely discourage even the most intrepid resident or tourist from heading east.
- Irate tourists,
- irate Century Village residents,
- irate Deer Creek, Deer Run, Starlight Cove etc. etc. residents, and
- irate workers every rush hour;
- 10th Street and 18th in Boca becoming overused and creating more irate residents. (This will be the rationale for the MPO to finally justify a flyover on 10th Street to connect the Sawgrass and Rt. 95.)
- We will see snowbirds and tourists second thinking Deerfield Beach as a destination.
Response to the above post by a reader:
To bring jobs and business into Deerfield....are you kidding me?
Deerfield is NOT changing for the better, that's for sure.