I have been doing a lot of research, talking to friends, acquaintances, elected officials, city employees and strangers, as many as possible who have lived in Deerfield Beach for a long time.
I talked to· people who are upset over being fired from their city jobs,
· people who think the city looks great and is keeping costs down,
· people who are unhappy with new fees,
· people who believe the city is more responsive to residents needs and wishes than ever before,
· people who think they are ignored by city hall,
· people who are overjoyed that their commissioners are easy to contact and are being responsive to their needs,
· people who think the move to BSO by our firefighters was a mistake because it gives the Sheriff control over 50% of the city budget, and
· people who are delighted with the money and pension costs that the BSO move is saving.
All of which goes under the category of you can’t please all of the people all of the time, and proved to me that there are no unifying issues.
Jean emailed me saying because she was endorsed by the Greater Fort Lauderdale Realtors it would help me make a choice. In part that was correct. She also said that this group has no bias, I laugh! Indeed this did help me. That a realtor group favored her over Noland, who has a long tradition of being friendly to over-development, was indeed a deciding factor. It also showed that she doesn't understand what I value.