Friday, June 10, 2011

Vote on BSO Use

I was wrong when I stated that the intent of the charter provision about a vote on city property was restricted to city property going to developers. The intent is to have voter control over the USE of the property, and having BSO, not the City of Deerfield Beach, use the facilities should trigger a vote. I am strongly in favor of the issue going to the voters. I also think that the voters deserve a complete disclosure of what the BSO proposal will entail now and in future years.

My feeling about the merger has not changed. I am against giving BSO control over what now is 52% of our budget, and who knows to what the percent will grow in future years. The voters of the city have the right to say what should be done with property they own, WE deserve to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment