Friday, February 4, 2011

Note from a Deerfield Beach Resident

Bett:  The last line of your post  should be read and heard all the time:

"The residents are the ones who matter, the residents are the ones who should set the agenda. The residents moved here because of the quality of life in Deerfield Beach and they should not take a back seat to tourists and events."

On the street where I live, we took a backseat to every parade that closed Hillsboro. They would actually detour them down our little street, tractor trailers and all. Finally Pam Militello became a commissioner and listened to me and the road was closed during parades. Now that Pam is gone :( I have to email the sheriff's Office every time there is a parade so they don't forget. It does not make me very happy that I have to do that, but I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment