Friday, May 28, 2010

George Platt and Deerfield Beach


After posting George Platt's letter from Bob Norman's blog I was told that the very same Uber-lobbyist Platt was in the audience on the evening that Commissioner Poitier and Mayor Noland urged the vote change on the Deerfield Beach Recycling contract, and again when the vote was taken to award the whole contract to Sun Recycling, approved by Popelsky, Noland and Poitier (but not Miller and Ganz).

Given that the vote change wound up costing the taxpayers of Deerfield Beach about $60,000 (down from $230,000 for which the three "it's only taxpayers money so who-cares" commissioners also voted ) it makes one wonder. I wonder what he was doing there, what he had promised our commissioners if anything, and I really wonder why Mayor Noland pushed to have a legitimate vote for a lower priced contract rescinded. I wonder who it benefits? I don't have to wonder if it was the Deerfield Beach taxpayer, it wasn't.

I wonder if we will ever know why our spendthrift 3 voted yes, probably not. But, Aesop pointed out that you are known by the company you keep, and, yes, birds of a feather flock together.

No comments:

Post a Comment