Friday, February 27, 2009

No apology from Eller and Bucknam

I play a little black jack from time to time, but I am not really a betting person, however if someone wanted to bet me that the Observer would run an article about Bucknam’s disgraceful per-formance at the Observer Capellini love fest I would have bet big time against it. Amazingly, editor Volz actually acknowledged that there was some dissent. I would have lost the bet, but just barely, Volz mentioned that some sparks began to fly and blew it off in three paragraphs.

If you really want to read about this mockery of a forum, go here:
[UPDATED] An Off Night for Democracy,
By Thomas Francis
Francis of the Broward-Palm Beach New Times calls his article, “the story of the craziest god-damned candidates’ forum I've ever seen.”

I went looking in the Observer for an apology from Eller, after all he did say to me that it might have been a little over the top, or something like that. Jim Lutz, the VP of the paper said he would never take part in anything that Bucknam had anything to do with again, and I heard that the young tech-ie/video woman quit her job on the spot. So, I looked for the mea culpa.

Wasn’t there, nope, the best we got was Eller distancing himself from Bucknam, putting the blame for the trash questions squarely on “the moderator”. Uh, uh, not me, it was him, don’t blame me; and then saying that SOME might disagree with SOME of the questions and trying to weasel out of it by saying tough times call for tough questions. No argument, they do, but not offensive, questions, not insulting questions, not rude questions, not questions that have NOTHING to do with the election, but are damn near slander.

They’d best be on the watch for lightning striking from on high.

Proverbs 6:16-19 "These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness [that] speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. "



No comments:

Post a Comment